Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Festival Week!

This past weekend was wonderful! It started out with a commercial shoot for Bonsai sushi bar downtown Lafayette. After the owner Paul treated me to some awesome sushi we closed the place and with spectators outside shot a girl covered with sushi to promote their upcoming grand opening.

On Thursday night I had a chance to do something I haven't done in years....that was to go listen to a damn good zydeco band. Geno Delafose was playing at River Ranch. It was a lot of fun to feel the energy of their music and watch everyone dancing. I realized how much I miss going listen to a good live band so made sure the rest of the weekend was just as fun.
Friday night a few of us went to Downtown Alive and got to listen to Zackery Richard play and got to see a lot of old friends that I hadnt seen in years. After Downtown Alive we went to Bonsai just up the street and was surprised to see the picture I took already displayed on the monitors in the bar. Kind of weird seeing my work on display for the public and funnier to hear people talking about it...lol

Saturday was just a blast. We headed to Festival Acadian and had such a great time. Second time that week we got to hear Geno Delafose and get to see some awesome dancers dancing like theres no tomorrow. After the festival we drove south to Lafayette to listen to Geno play for the Cattlemans festival. After that we came back to Lafayette to hang out at Blue Moon and listen to Cedric Watson who gave a wonderful performance.

Then early Sunday morning we headed to New Iberia to the Gumbo Cookoff. Had some really good food and seen some good friends....oh and some more Geno Delafose!!!LOL

There was talk about going to listen to more bands on the River Sunday afternoon, but that was about. I think we had our fair share of fun for the weekend. I look forward to doing it again soon.

It was a lot of fun getting to hang out with my friends Tammy and Will, as well as getting to make new ones!



Lorrae and Leon kicking up some dust and doing better than anyone else! Actually got to meet Lorrae...she seems like a great person. Sure wish I could dance as good as these guys!


I hope at this mans age I can be going as strong as he is.



Here are some pics of Geno Delafose and his band performing.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I was at the blue moon saturday night too!! :)

Daren said...

Wasnt it awesome!!! Wish I could have said hi! Maybe next time...keep intouch!

Unknown said...

WOW, what a weekend...whew! You're right, we were supposed to go to Whiskey River on Sunday, but I don't think neither of us had an ounce of energy left. We'll have to do that again soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...wish I could have seen all the dancers...I'm a ppl watcher....glad you had a good one....hope your Mom is doing better.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz...looks like everybody was "passin' a good time"!!! I miss the music and the dancing. Not too many people here listen to cajun and zydeco around here. I might get to hear some good cajun music the weekend of the 25th...my class reunion in Eunice!!! Yeeehaaa!!!